Milaca High School Class of 2020 graduates and families participated in a parking lot ceremony Friday evening that featured vehicles having an assigned parking.
Cars and trucks moved up to the parking lot front row when it was time for the graduate in the vehicle to receive their diploma.
The ceremony was lived-streamed and broadcast on FM station 87.9 starting at 7 p.m. and was recorded.
Once graduates received their diploma and had their picture taken, they exited the stage and picked up a flower before returning to their vehicle.
After the graduation program was finished, the Milaca Police Department lead a car parade up Third Avenue southwest to 10th Street northwest.
Graduates were also honored with a surprise fireworks presentation to end the evening.
Most Popular Regional News
- Truck goes through front doors of Lloyd’s Liquor in Pierz
- A wild ride to fame: Nick Hoffman journeys from Nowthen boy to Nashville star
- Two women arrested in Pierz for suspicion of marijuana distribution
- Increased levels of manganese detected in Rosemount water
- Fingerprints link man to Fridley robbery
- Dakota County Fair hosting Fair Food Weekends
- Show will go on: Outdoor concerts begin July 30 in Elk River
- Coach Con Natvig: A legend to many
- Fire destroys barn at Cargill's Elk River facility
- Mayer Lutheran plans to reopen in fall