Minnesota Tamil Sangam hosted Sangamam Vizha 2020 last month at Hopkins High School. Sangamam is an annual event to celebrate Thai pongal, a harvest festival celebrated by the Tamil community to honor and thank farmers, cattle and nature in southern India. As part of this celebration, the organization hosted a grand show of cultural events including Tamil traditional folk dance, music and martial arts. Gov. Tim Walz also proclaimed January as “Tamil Language and Heritage Month” in the state.
Most Popular Regional News
- Maple Grove approves Shake Shack plans
- Local racer killed in Sunday evening crash
- Brewpub, arcade coming to Columbia Heights
- Kitchen fire temporarily closes Hong Kong Buffet in Elk River
- Head-on crash in Wyoming injures two
- Braham mother sentenced for the unintentional death of her 2-month-old son
- Joshua Hoyt wants to lead Farmington, build community from within
- Romantic comedy filmed at Isanti’s Erickson Farmstead
- Anoka’s Main Motor sold to Mauer family
- Man grows pineapple ... in Blaine?!