(SUN PHOTOS BY KRISTEN MILLER)
Who says champagne is the only way to toast the new year? Shar Peterson, a sommelier with Twin Cities Wine Education, begs to differ. In the class “Under the Radar Sparkling Wines,” Dec. 31 at The Vine Room in Hopkins, Peterson, who also works at The Vine Room as an ambassador, shared five sparkling wines from different regions of the world, such as LA Cetto Sparkling Brut from Baja, Mexico; and Keush “Origins” Brut from Armenia. The class was to educate attendees on sparkling wine to give them another option to consider for ringing in the new year or any other occasion. “People are kick-starting their New Year’s festivities early,” said owner Ali Hanson, noting the afternoon class was sold out. The Vine Room offers similar classes and events, which can be found online and through Facebook.
Most Popular Regional News
- Local racer killed in Sunday evening crash
- Brewpub, arcade coming to Columbia Heights
- Kitchen fire temporarily closes Hong Kong Buffet in Elk River
- Head-on crash in Wyoming injures two
- Romantic comedy filmed at Isanti’s Erickson Farmstead
- Missing cold case continues to haunt Little Falls woman
- Kwik Trip celebrates two grand openings in North Branch
- Second Amendment sanctuary effort underway in Mille Lacs County
- Man grows pineapple ... in Blaine?!
- CHAMPS! Andover girls hockey defeats Edina to win state title