Maple Grove CI adapted hockey came into the state tournament March 18-19 as the top seed out of the North conference, and they were able to pl…
Through the first four games of the Champlin Park boys hockey season, the offense has been firing on all cylinders. They’ve posted a 3-1 recor…
For the last three years, forward Savannah McGowan and guard Karlee Fisher have been a 1-2 punch for the Falcons in scoring. McGowan has avera…
In the last two seasons, the Armstrong/Cooper boys hockey team has a combined record of 14-28-3, losing in the section quarterfinals in both years.
In their season-opening girls basketball weekend, the Hopkins Royals had good competition with two strong teams from Iowa.
The Armstrong/Cooper girls hockey team is looking to build off their bounce-back season last year.
The 2022 state swimming and diving meet took place Nov. 16-18 at the Jean K. Freeman Aquatic Center at the University of Minnesota. The diving…
Champlin Park/Coon Rapids’ Tuesday night game against Buffalo offered up a pair of firsts for the girls hockey team on the young season.
If running was easy, everyone would do it. It’s just walking, but faster. Simple, right?
Section swimming and diving meets wrapped up this past week as swimmers and divers locked up their spots for the state meet, which begins Nov.…
Up 23-7 late in the third quarter of the Class 5A quarterfinals, the Armstrong Falcons had all the momentum against Rogers. The offense was mo…
High school athletes across the country finalized their college plans on Wednesday, Nov. 9 for National Signing Day. It’s the first official s…
NORTHFIELD - Runners from across the state flocked to St. Olaf College in Northfield for the MSHSL state cross country meet that took place Sa…
The first half of the Section 5AAAAA final between Armstrong and Cooper at Armstrong High School followed the script of an upset.
It’s unfortunate that one of Wayzata and Champlin Park weren’t going to reach the state tournament, given how strong they looked Wednesday nig…
Bad luck prevented the Hopkins High boys cross country team from qualifying for state. However, two Royals have qualified for the State Class …
- Champlin Park girls basketball: Rebels fall to Crimson in 5AAAA semifinals
- Robbinsdale Cooper girls basketball: Hawks close season in 6AAAA opener
- Park Center girls basketball: Pirates push second-seed in 5AAAA opener
- Robbinsdale Cooper boys swimming and diving: Tierney medals in 100 fly
- Champlin Park wrestling: Rebels earn three medals at 7AAA section
- Robbinsdale schools will not compete in New Prague ‘in the foreseeable future’
- Osseo boys hockey: Orioles fall to Irondale in 5AA play-in game
- Brooklyn Center/Concordia Academy wrestling: Centaurs go 1-1 at 5AA team section
- Park Center wrestling: Adeduntan advances to girls state meet
- Robbinsdale Cooper wrestling: Hawks participate in 5AA team section
- Champlin Park Alpine boys skiing: Herlitz finishes season at state meet
- Osseo/Park Center girls hockey: Stars close season in 5AA quarterfinals
- Robbinsdale Cooper High School District responds to racist incident at girls basketball game
- Armstrong/Cooper girls hockey: Wings fall to Blake in 6AA section opener
- Champlin Park Nordic girls skiing: Hibbs just misses state berth in new format
- Armstrong/Cooper Alpine girls skiing: Skiers take 17th at section meet
- Northwest Alpine girls skiing: Peterson leads skiers to 11th
- Armstrong/Cooper Alpine boys skiing: Season ends with 14th-place finish at sections
- Northwest Alpine boys skiing: Skiers take eighth as a team
- Champlin Park Alpine girls skiing: Rebels take 13th led by Phleger
- Champlin Park Nordic boys skiing: Rebels win 5A section title to make state tournament
- West suburban women advance to Olympic hockey finals with Team USA
- Hopkins boys hockey: Royals face tough test next
- Plymouth's Pannek scores two goals in USA women's hockey win
- Park Center gymnastics: Pirates step up floor to defeat Osseo by a point
- Lake Alpine skiers ready for rematch on Buck Hill
- Champlin Park Alpine skiing: Top skiers return to the slopes in 2022
- Private Schools Sports Report
- Hopkins girls basketball tourney reduced to a single game
- Hopkins, Minnetonka both start 2-0 in girls basketball
- Robbinsdale Armstrong girls swimming and diving: Falcons advance several to state
- Park Center football: Dream season ends against stout Rogers’ defense
- Robbinsdale Armstrong girls cross country: Osanai advances to state with top-10 finish
- Robbinsdale Armstrong boys cross country: Breker wins section title, Omodt joins him at state
- Park Center girls swimming and diving: Woods brings home top-eight finish at True Team section
- Park Center football: Pirates earn No. 2 seed after best regular season since 2015
- Robbinsdale Cooper football: Road to state goes through Hawks in 5AAAAA section
- Robbinsdale Armstrong football: Falcons earn No. 2 seed in the 5AAAAA section
- Champlin Park football: Rebels get No. 7 seed in Class 6A playoffs
- Champlin Park volleyball: Conference champs earn 2 seed
- Brooklyn Center football: Centaurs earn home game in 4AAAA section
- Robbinsdale Armstrong girls cross country: Osanai leads Falcons with third-place finish at conference meet
- Robbinsdale Cooper girls soccer: Hawks fall to ninth-ranked Hopkins
- Robbinsdale Cooper boys soccer: Tough ending against fifth-ranked Southwest
- Robbinsdale Armstrong boys cross country: Breker claims Northwest Suburban Conference title
- Champlin Park boys cross country: Three race to all-conference list
- Robbinsdale Armstrong girls soccer: Season ends at Wayzata
- Robbinsdale Armstrong boys soccer: Falcons fall short at St. Louis Park
- Park Center girls soccer: Season ends at Mounds View
- Park Center boys soccer: Pirates advance to 5AAA section final
Champlin Park hit the court again on Thursday in the Section 5AAAA tournament, this time taking on Maple Grove in the semifinals held at top-seeded Wayzata. The Crimson were seeded third and defeated Osseo 3-0 in their quarterfinal game.
MINNETRISTA - Runners took to the course at Gale Woods Farm Wednesday afternoon in the Section 6AAA cross country meet with their sights set on qualifying for the state meet. The top two teams in the boys and girls races qualify for state, with the next fastest eight finishers from non-quali…
The stage was set at Mounds View High School for the Mustangs to host Champlin Park in the Section 5AAA girls soccer final Tuesday, Oct. 18.
Due to the matchup between #3 Osseo and #6 Park Center in the boys soccer Section 5AAA tournament postponed to Wednesday, Oct. 12, Champlin Park had to wait until Friday for their semifinal matchup after defeating Roseville in the round prior. Armstrong also hosted their semifinal matchup in…
From the beginning, it felt like it wasn’t going to be Armstrong’s night. That was especially true with how their final drive ended.
Tied at 1 with 3 minutes left in the first overtime, it seemed like the Section 5AAA semifinal between Champlin Park and Spring Lake Park was destined for penalty kicks.
The Section 5AAA soccer tournaments got underway Tuesday night with four games for both the boys and girls taking place. Both of the Champlin Park squads hosted their quarterfinal matchups, with the girls taking on Osseo and the boys facing Roseville.
Champlin Park and Wayzata had faced each other on the volleyball court earlier this season. Their meeting in Marshall on Sept. 10 ended in a 2-1 win for the Trojans after the Rebels took the first set.
It was tied 1-1 at halftime with the Champlin Park girls' soccer team missing a number of big chances inside the first ten minutes. Their persistence in front of goal paid off, winning 5-1 over Anoka with a trio of goals late in the second half to cap off the victory Tuesday night at Champli…
Fresh off a win over Blaine last week, the Champlin Park Rebels traveled to Minnetonka Friday night in a hostile environment, looking to spoil the homecoming festivities for the Skippers.
For parents that have kids competing in high school athletics, they hope for, at the very least, their kids have a positive experience in the sports they take part in.