Even though the Hopkins girls soccer team lost 5-1 Saturday, Aug. 29, at Minnetonka, there were bright spots for the Royals.
Hopkins boys soccer beat St. Michael-Albertville 1-0 Aug. 27 and lost 10-0 at Minnetonka Aug. 29 in two vastly different games the first week of the Lake Conference season.
Eighth-grader Abby Hibbs is a year removed from qualifying for the Class 2A state meet in her first varsity season, and she started off 2020 strong Aug. 28 with a first-place finish in a triple dual against Blaine and Centennial.
Minnetonka High boys cross country captains Austin Hunter and Lucca Carlson are well on their way to meeting their goals for a virtual race to raise funds to help refugees in Hennepin County.
The Hopkins High boys cross country season got off to a good start Friday, Aug. 28, even though the Royals lost to perennial state power Edina, 27-29.
Champlin Park girls tennis graduated a few players from 2019, but some of the top players on the team remain at or near the top of the lineup.
Cooper senior pitcher and outfielder Spencer Niebuhr is getting an opportunity to see other future college baseball talent across the United States.
- Champlin Park Fastpitch Association: Grant looms large during pandemic
- Hopkins/Minnetonka slowpitch softball: Frana enjoys ‘taste of a miracle’
- Robbinsdale Armstrong/Cooper: Altered fall sports schedule kicks off this week
- Hall of Fame athletic trainer Westermann to retire at Hopkins High
- Robbinsdale Armstrong football: Keeping the athletes safe
- Champlin Park football: Season moved to the spring
- Amateur baseball: Going back to state
- Robbinsdale Armstrong boys lacrosse: Falcons compete in lacrosse tournament
- Osseo girls golf: Solem wins second flight in Women’s Minnesota State Amateur
- Hopkins baseball: Flyers make the final four in Metro invite
- Champlin Park lacrosse: Back in action
- Wayzata grad Gerber debuts with a bang in Major League Baseball
- Minnesota State High School League: Fall gets major overhaul
- Four sweeps highlight Edina Monday softball
- Johnson family tradition continues with St. Louis Park town team
- Ali Fine of The Blake School wins 2020 female Mercury Award
- Mercury Club names top Jewish senior athletes for 2020
- Robbinsdale Armstrong High School: Weldon steps down as activities director after 17 years
- Park town team holds off Hamel rally, 2-1
- Park Center girls golf: Lost time on the course
- Hopkins baseball: Perfect day for a perfect game
- Amateur baseball: Logators shut out fourth-ranked Blaine
- SweetSpot Tees are a hit in baseball training circles
- Robbinsdale Cooper softball: Building early leaders
- Park Center softball: Missed opportunity