Since March, The Food Group has added 31 new food distribution partners to its network of 150-plus food shelves, provided over 3.6 million meals and coordinated over 2,700 volunteer hours in preparation for food distribution.
During the packing event, volunteers exceeded the packing goal of 4,000 boxes by 200. Altogether, 63,000 pounds of food was packed, or 52,500 meals.
The need for volunteers is higher than ever at hunger organizations. Currently, The Food Group is seeking to fill a series of two-hour regular volunteer shifts, including 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. Monday through Friday and 4-6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. Learn more at thefoodgroupmn.volunteerhub.com.
Sun Post Sections / Magazines
Most Popular Regional News
- Red’s Savoy Pizza to open in Lakeville
- Nagel signs letter to wrestle for Gophers
- ‘The Christmas Listing’ to premiere on Lifetime on Nov. 30
- Half of Burnsville Center fetches $17 million at auction
- Former Edina resident receives physician award
- Plane makes emergency landing on County Road 81
- Patricia Louise Lefebvre
- Blighted property declared hazardous
- Wright County sheriff
- UPDATED: Anoka Armory to offer free COVID-19 testing