Pies were baked en masse at Calvary Church Jan. 18. The baking took place the day before the annual MLK Holiday of Service; a day of pie, discussion, and celebration of the life of Martin Luther King Jr.
This year, the pre-Holiday of Service volunteer team whipped up 91 pies. The next day, a few pies were shared with participants and the rest with members of the community who participants felt were deserving of a gift of gratitude or comfort.
Sun Post Sections / Magazines
Most Popular Regional News
- Jake’s City Grille is closing in Plymouth
- Traffic signal going near Menards, Famous Dave’s in Coon Rapids
- Missing cold case continues to haunt Little Falls woman
- Local racer killed in Sunday evening crash
- Second Amendment sanctuary effort underway in Mille Lacs County
- Avery’s bravery saves her dad’s life
- First Avenue dentist ‘rode the roller coaster called life’ to get here
- Brooklyn Park Council gives go-ahead to early layout plans for 93rd Avenue
- Edina’s activist librarian keeps on agitating
- Lack of information leads to 'villainization' of the Little Falls School District over land authorization