Hand sanitizers are a great option if you're not able to wash your hands with soap and water. Hand sanitizers have many positives, however, they are not effective if organic matter (dirt, food, or other material) is visible on hands. If your hands are visibly dirty, wash your hands with soap and water.
Benefits of waterless hand sanitizer:
-require less time than hand washing
-act quickly to kill microorganisms on hands
-are more accessible than sinks
-reduce bacterial counts on hands
-do not promote antimicrobial resistance
-are less irritating to skin than soap and water
Cleaning hands with hand sanitizer:
1. Choose a sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
2. Start with dry, clean hands.
When hands are heavily soiled or greasy, hand sanitizers may not work well.
3. Apply a dime-sized amount of hand sanitizer to the palm of one hand.
4. Rub hand sanitizer all over hands until dry.
! Don't touch anything until your hands are dry.
Most Popular Regional News
- A wild ride to fame: Nick Hoffman journeys from Nowthen boy to Nashville star
- Coach Con Natvig: A legend to many
- Cases among young people fuel COVID-19 spike in Edina
- Rosemount’s State of the City goes virtual
- Little Falls man injured in rollover near Pierz
- Patriotic get-together in Apple Valley
- Wayzata author’s latest book is a murder mystery set on Lake Minnetonka
- 1 dead in East Bethel crash
- Brooklyn Center approves preliminary development agreement for triplexes along Brooklyn Boulevard
- Richfield’s Boie heads back to the classroom