Hand sanitizers are a great option if you're not able to wash your hands with soap and water. Hand sanitizers have many positives, however, they are not effective if organic matter (dirt, food, or other material) is visible on hands. If your hands are visibly dirty, wash your hands with soap and water.
Benefits of waterless hand sanitizer:
-require less time than hand washing
-act quickly to kill microorganisms on hands
-are more accessible than sinks
-reduce bacterial counts on hands
-do not promote antimicrobial resistance
-are less irritating to skin than soap and water
Cleaning hands with hand sanitizer:
1. Choose a sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
2. Start with dry, clean hands.
When hands are heavily soiled or greasy, hand sanitizers may not work well.
3. Apply a dime-sized amount of hand sanitizer to the palm of one hand.
4. Rub hand sanitizer all over hands until dry.
! Don't touch anything until your hands are dry.
Most Popular Regional News
- Brooklyn Park mayor declares state of emergency
- Apple Valley parks and recreation director dies
- Mille Lacs County attorney, wife self-quarantine with possible COVID-19 infection
- Champlin approves brewery tap room
- COVID-19 cases in Carver County spikes to 7
- Carver County COVID-19 Positive Case Tracker
- Maple Grove declares local emergency
- Maple Grove looks to improve Fountains intersection
- First Sherburne County resident positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19 puts Wright County into a state of emergency