Upsala City Council Briefs
During its meeting Monday, the Upsala City Council:
• Approved purchasing a new Allen Bradley Panel View Plus 7 (computer screen for the water plant) at Preferred Controls Corporation in Albany at a cost of $3,800;
• Approved Upsala Fire Department a gambling permit with no waiting period to hold a raffle in the City Park, Saturday, Aug. 10;
• Approved a gambling permit to Upsala Emergency Medical Services to hold a raffle at the Fire Hall, Sunday, Oct. 6;
• Approved purchasing a new Hewlett-Packard (HP) desktop computer, monitor and software for City Hall at a cost of $1,700 or less;
• Approved dividing a lot located at 410 Walnut Avenue into two parts. The east half is about 24 acres and the west half is about 18.6 acres;
• Heard from Mayor Rollie Johnson that he had been in contact with All Things Asphalt to repair and/or fill potholes in the city. Johnson said they were running behind due to the rain, but would be in Upsala soon;
• Approved Mayor Rollie Johnson, Council Member Dennis Westrich and Maintenance man Frank Koopmeiners to inspect a boom truck Sytek is selling and if decided, submit a sealed bid. The city has used the truck previously to hang up winter decorations and if purchased, would be used for tree trimming, changing/maintaining light fixtures, hang up flags and more. Johnson said the truck is for sale as Sytek purchased a new truck;
• Set a budget meeting for Monday, July 22, at 6:30 p.m.; and
• Thanked the Upsala Legion on hosting a wonderful Memorial Day Service and to the First Response Team for providing a picnic lunch afterward.
The Upsala City Council’s next regular meeting will be Monday, July 1, at 7 p.m. at City Hall.