The Wright County Board took action on the following items at its June 4 meeting. They were compiled by John Holler.
• Recognized the Swenson family of Howard Lake as the Wright County 2019 Farm Family of the Year.
• Scheduled a county board meeting for Tuesday, June 11. Initially, the plan for June 11 was to conduct a board workshop, but it was determined the board needed to meet to discuss its options following a reverse referendum petition that achieved the required 3,000 signatures to potentially stop the bonding project.
• In a related item, the board officially canceled a bonding agenda item that has been scheduled for the June 4 meeting
• Denied a request to enter into a memorandum of understanding for Roers Company to lease up to 30 parking spaces in the county courthouse west parking lot. The company is constructing a housing development on the site of the old St. Francis Xavier Church. The board said the county has enough parking problems as it is and leasing away 30 parking stalls would only make that problem worse.
• Scheduled a committee of the whole meeting for 9 a.m. Thursday, June 20 to receive an update on how the laws passed during the 2019 session of the State Legislature will impact the county.
• Approved a pair of grants for the sheriff’s department – a Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Boat & Water Safety grant in the amount of $21,352 and a 2019 federal supplemental boating safety patrol grant in the amount of $9,500.
• Set a transportation committee of the whole meeting for 1 p.m. Wednesday, June 26. Among the topics of discussion will be changes/revisions to projects in the 2019-2020 construction seasons, an update on plans for Bertram Park Road and a long-term gravel source for the county.
• Approved the purchase of several election-related items from Election Systems & Software Inc., including 61 DS200 ballot counters ($316,110), two DS200 ballot counters for the City of Delano ($10,750), one DS450 ballot counter ($43,385) and Electionware software and hardware ($10,873).