The Big Lake Fire Department was called to 17125 Trillium Lane at about 8:30 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 14 on a report of a vehicle on fire inside a garage. The fire evolved to a working fire that spread to the garage and the residence. Fire crews from Monticello, Elk River and Albertville were called in to provide mutual aid at the Big Lake fire scene, while the Buffalo Fire Department was called in to man the Monticello fire station while Monticello firefighters were on scene in Big Lake. At about 10:15 a.m., it was reported that the flames were knocked down and no smoke was showing, even though firefighters continued to do overhaul at the scene.
Most Popular Regional News
- Local racer killed in Sunday evening crash
- Brewpub, arcade coming to Columbia Heights
- Kitchen fire temporarily closes Hong Kong Buffet in Elk River
- Head-on crash in Wyoming injures two
- Romantic comedy filmed at Isanti’s Erickson Farmstead
- Maple Grove approves Shake Shack plans
- Man grows pineapple ... in Blaine?!
- CHAMPS! Andover girls hockey defeats Edina to win state title
- Braham mother sentenced for the unintentional death of her 2-month-old son
- LeBlanc’s Rice Creek Hunting & Recreation named ‘Large Business of the Year’