A Forest Lake man was sentenced to 15 years of probation in June after being convicted for third-degree criminal sexual conduct.
Austin Charles Keacher, 21, was first charged with the crime last fall following a police investigation of a rape reported in the spring.
According to court records, a 14-year-old girl told police in May that she had been hanging out with Keacher near Clear Lake on May 15, 2018, and had gone back to his home to retrieve her phone. Once they got back to Keacher’s garage in the 700 block of 12th Street Southwest, the girl had a medical episode and passed out. When she awoke, she reported that Keacher had closed the garage door and began groping her before raping her. The girl told him “no” throughout the rape, but Keacher reportedly held her down.
Afterward, she said, he told her not to tell anyone. Police later questioned Keacher, who reportedly admitted to having sex with the girl and to knowing her age.
The following are other recent local cases from the Washington County Court:
• Jake Joseph Krueger, 25, of Forest Lake, was sentenced March 25 for a fifth-degree drug crime.
• Bruce Robert Nelson, 67, of Minneapolis, made a first appearance May 29 for a fifth-degree drug charge related to an investigation by the Forest Lake Police Department.
• Autumn Rain Saarela, 20, of Forest Lake, was sentenced June 20 for first-degree burglary (according to court records, she lived in a different city at the time of the crime and committed the crime in another jurisdiction).
• Tor Bernard White, 54, of St. Paul, was sentenced June 26 for a fifth-degree drug crime and financial transaction card fraud related to investigations by the Forest Lake Police Department.
• Lance Aaron Reid, 33, of Chisago Lake Township, was sentenced June 27 for a fifth-degree drug crime related to an investigation by the Forest Lake Police Department.
• Joseph Robert Deblieck, 32, of Forest Lake, made a first appearance June 28 for violating registration requirements as a predatory offender.