A residential home in Columbus was classified as a total loss after a fire broke out early Saturday morning. The Forest Lake Fire Department responded to a call at 3:14 a.m. on May 3 of a house on fire on the 1600 block of Kettle River Boulevard in Columbus. All residents were able to escape the fire with minor injuries and smoke inhalation, and were transported to a hospital for care.
The department arrived to find the house with a substantial fire, but not totally involved. Because the house was in an area without hydrants, tanker trucks had to cart in water.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation by the State Fire Marshal’s Office. Fire departments from Lino Lakes, Wyoming, Scandia, and Hugo assisted in the effort.
Most Popular Regional News
- UPDATE: Civil unrest spills into Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park
- South metro Walmart stores close amid protests
- Two arrested after Dakota County building broken into in Apple Valley
- Anoka County announces curfew starting Friday, May 29
- UPDATED: Apple Valley, Burnsville Target stores close after protests of George Floyd's death
- Police: 'Minimal damage' at Northtown Mall after crowd gathered to protest May 28
- Eagan police: Man breaking AutoZone windows does not work for department
- Arrests made for overnight burglary of gun shop in St. Louis Park
- In response to unrest, Edina Police beef up presence in city's commercial areas
- Mother, daughter killed in crash near Stanchfield Township
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.