Hand sanitizers are a great option if you're not able to wash your hands with soap and water. Hand sanitizers have many positives, however, they are not effective if organic matter (dirt, food, or other material) is visible on hands. If your hands are visibly dirty, wash your hands with soap and water.
Benefits of waterless hand sanitizer:
-require less time than hand washing
-act quickly to kill microorganisms on hands
-are more accessible than sinks
-reduce bacterial counts on hands
-do not promote antimicrobial resistance
-are less irritating to skin than soap and water
Cleaning hands with hand sanitizer:
1. Choose a sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
2. Start with dry, clean hands.
When hands are heavily soiled or greasy, hand sanitizers may not work well.
3. Apply a dime-sized amount of hand sanitizer to the palm of one hand.
4. Rub hand sanitizer all over hands until dry.
! Don't touch anything until your hands are dry.
Most Popular Regional News
- Upcoming traffic impacts for the I-94 Maple Grove to Rogers project area
- Forest Lake area COVID-19 case updates
- Bloomington police: Dad’s anger over son’s hunger results in dad’s arrest
- Update on COVID-19 in Isanti County: Four lab-confirmed cases total
- Anoka County property tax statements late
- Homeless man takes shelter in Bloomington office tower
- Rogers family deals with COVID-19
- Online ordering, curbside pickup starts April 6
- Charges: Pair broke into Blaine home to do laundry and nap
- Anoka rehab and living center among facilities with COVID-19 'outbreak'
Based on your symptoms