Ruth Schmoll was sun-bathing and reading the Edina newspaper when she discovered a job opening for fire department dispatcher and secretary in 1975. It was a part-time job, which was perfect for her as a junior studying child psychology at the University of Minnesota.
Most Popular Regional News
- Half of Burnsville Center to go on the auction block
- Johnson vs. Omar in 5th Congressional District
- Anoka gun range aims to open next summer
- Amazon to build fulfillment center in Lakeville
- Two mystery grocery stores show interest in Eagan
- Homicide charges filed in 2019 crash that killed 2-year-old in Coon Rapids
- Anoka County approves another $2.8 million in coronavirus relief spending
- Princeton School District will change learning plans Nov. 4
- Milaca Public Schools will change learning model Nov. 2
- District 728 students in K-5 moving to hybrid model on Nov. 16
e-Edition widget code goes here.
Print ads widget code goes here.