Nearly 1,000 athletes took up the challenge of the Chisago Lakes Triathlon starting from Paradise Park in Chisago City July 28, including a number of locals whose finish times are listed below.
Competitors could choose between two distances, the Half-Ironman (3.1-mile swim, 56-mile bike, 13.1-mile run) or the Sprint (1/4-mile swim, 10-mile bike, 3-mile run).
Athletes sprinted from the Paradise beach into Chisago Lake for their swimming leg before returning to land for a biking tour of rural Chisago County, with the long distance athletes traveling as far as Almelund. The long distance runners went as far as Kroon Lake before returning to Paradise for the finish.
- Jeremy Kulesa, 41, Wyoming, 4:53:19.89
- Michael Palo, 22, Forest Lake, 4:59:37.63
- Troy Edmond, 33, North Branch 5:02:35.44
- Mike Schultz, 28, Forest Lake, 5:20:14.13
- Kari Wiklund, 34, Forest Lake, 5:43:44.41
- Steve Matthews, 48, Forest Lake, 6:09:29.32
- Aaron Wilson, 38, Forest Lake, 1:30:11.12
- Jacob Spehar, 30, Forest Lake, 1:30:28.77
- Kyleen Harstedt, 41, Hugo, 1:42:22.11
- Sarah Jamieson, 37, Scandia, 1:52:13.67
- Chuck Kartak, 68, North Branch, 1:56:03.06
- Bob Bunten, 63, Forest Lake, 1:58:07.83
- Jennifer Wilson, 37, Forest Lake, 2:00:06.2
- Dr. Pete Wurdemann, 51, North Branch, 2:00:26.99
- Jennifer Kowarsch, 37, Scandia, 2:06:04.16
- Tim Chisholm 65, North Branch, 2:10:29.40
- Adam Paulson 39, North Branch, 2:15:30.90
- Sheila Konz, 47, Forest Lake, 2:22:38.19
- Dan Dahlager, 56, Wyoming, 2:39:14.11