We have had a great start to this school year! Our attendance is higher than expected; we are on target to serve over 900 students from our Early Childhood Program to our seniors in high school, who are making big plans for their future; and we are grateful to the families who choose Rush City Schools as their destination for education. Our newly adopted mission is to Create Global Citizens Who Are Lifelong Learners.
Rush City Schools would like to thank all members of our community for their continued support of our students. We are also grateful to see your referendum dollars at work. Our district’s ranking among the 330 public schools in the state of Minnesota have dramatically changed.
This time last year, we were ranked 298th out of 330 school districts in the state. We are now ranked 205 in total revenue per student. The additional $900 from the voter approved referendum changed our ranking from 231st to 72nd in the state of Minnesota. What a great improvement!
We have been able to do the following thus far:
1. Purchase a brand new school bus to add to our fleet.
2. Restore teachers within our district for our students to have additional opportunities of learning, and maintain class sizes.
3. Restore funds in our staff development budget that has been reduced for a number of years.
4. Restore maintenance staff to ensure that classrooms are being cleaned daily.
5. Upgrade our phone system to be consistent with current technology and safety standards.
6. Retain current staff and recruit and attract new staff members.
Another potential opportunity for additional funds for our school is through our educational benefits. We now offer application for educational benefits online by going to Educational Benefits Electronic Application under Quick Links on our website. The free and reduced lunch application is completed once per year. If we get additional families who qualify for these benefits, it could generate additional dollars for more opportunities for our students.
Let us know if we can help in any way. Let’s go Tigers!