Hand sanitizers are a great option if you're not able to wash your hands with soap and water. Hand sanitizers have many positives, however, they are not effective if organic matter (dirt, food, or other material) is visible on hands. If your hands are visibly dirty, wash your hands with soap and water.
Benefits of waterless hand sanitizer:
-require less time than hand washing
-act quickly to kill microorganisms on hands
-are more accessible than sinks
-reduce bacterial counts on hands
-do not promote antimicrobial resistance
-are less irritating to skin than soap and water
Cleaning hands with hand sanitizer:
1. Choose a sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
2. Start with dry, clean hands.
When hands are heavily soiled or greasy, hand sanitizers may not work well.
3. Apply a dime-sized amount of hand sanitizer to the palm of one hand.
4. Rub hand sanitizer all over hands until dry.
! Don't touch anything until your hands are dry.
Most Popular Regional News
- Truck goes through front doors of Lloyd’s Liquor in Pierz
- A wild ride to fame: Nick Hoffman journeys from Nowthen boy to Nashville star
- Two women arrested in Pierz for suspicion of marijuana distribution
- Coach Con Natvig: A legend to many
- Cases among young people fuel COVID-19 spike in Edina
- Little Falls man injured in rollover near Pierz
- Patriotic get-together in Apple Valley
- 1 dead in East Bethel crash
- Show will go on: Outdoor cncerts begin July 30 in Elk River
- Rosemount’s State of the City goes virtual