2019vote3.TIF

Erin Heers-McArdle has unseated board chair Tom Heidemann by just over 200 votes to take the District 1 seat on the Anoka-Hennepin School Board.

Heers-McArdle took 54.2% (1,388 votes) of the votes cast in District 1 with all precincts reporting, according to unofficial results from the Secretary of State's Office. Heidemann earned 45.5% (1,165 votes) in the district. Less than 1% of votes went to a write-in candidate.

Marci Anderson won reelection easily by earning 91.3% (356 votes) of votes cast in her unopposed race for District 2. The remaining 8.7% of votes went to a write-in candidate.

District 5 voters reelected Nicole Hayes, giving her 92.5% (405 votes) of votes cast in her unopposed race, while 7.5% of votes cast went to write-in candidates.

A total of 3,389 votes were cast of the 72,751 voters registered by 7 a.m. on Election Day, for a voter turnout around 4.7%.

This story has been updated to reflect changes in the number of votes cast as reported by the Secretary of State's website.

(1) comment

LaurieT

This is what happens when you become over-confident, full of yourself and you quit “listening” to what district employees are telling you. Let this be a “wake-up” call to the remaining board members and district administrators! Clean the sleep out of your eyes, pull the wax out of your ears and start listening to what your educators and support staff are telling you.

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.